Friday 5 October 2012

“The Hero With a Thousand Faces,”


 

The call to sailing for me is an instinctual one.  It is a physical thing more than an intellectual one.  It is Bushidō a movement without thought.   A passionate inquiry of truth.   A sacred place where I find myself where I experience being alive.  I am deeply happy when I sail.  I feel alive and in rapture.   It defines my humanity.  It is where I find my adventure where the certitude of mediocrity and the allusions of our everyday normal self are destroyed.  Heroism is simply a matter of integrity.   It is what we do and how we act out of sight of land "in the wild places when no one is watching".   If  perhaps "The call to adventure, it seems, has an affinity for people with empty pockets". Then we should all take vows of poverty.  The rich still don't own the endlessness of void and thought.  It takes courage to project a path across a such a hostile environment but the alternative is not a life.  Sailing is the last great freedom it's what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment